When comparing the Minicraft Blackhawk kits and Italeri’s, you will find that the sizes are very similar. However, I tend to find the Italeri kits to be superior because:
- Italeri provides more details in the main cabin (though a lot more could be done). The ceiling and main cabin floor look nicer in Italeri’s kits.
- The panels are more finely engraved on Italeri’s kits
- Italeri kits do not have the glazed appearance of Minicraft’s clear parts
I have found a number of posts on the Internet complaining of the fitting around the cockpit area for the Italeri Blackhawks and Seahawks, but I didn’t experience these issues when assembling this kit.
A number of aftermarkets are available with this kit, including a detail set from Eduard pictured here.
Decals are provided for 2 machines: sand camouflage for a machine based in Saudi Arabia, and traditional green/gray for a machine based in Alaska.
In future blog entries, we will look in the other Blackhawks/Seahawks from Italeri in this scale.
- Italeri 2612
- Scale: 1/48
- Availability: Average
- Status: Out of production
- Estimated Street Price: $20.00 +