In a previous blog entry, we looked at Hasegawa’s SH-3H Seaking (Hasegawa 07201). As stated then, Hasegawa has produced a number of Seakings in 1/48th, including:
- SH-3H Seaking (PT1 / 07201)
- HSS-2B Seaking (PT2 / 07202)
- UH-3H Seaking “HSL-51 VIP” (09628) (pictures below)
- Seaking HAR Mk.3 “RAF Rescue” (09907)
- S-61A Seaking “Antarctica Observation Ship Shirase” (09931)
- Seaking AEW Mk.2A (09863)
The below pictures are for Hasegawa 09628 UH-3H Seaking “HSL-51 VIP.” It is in fact a reboxed version of Hasegawa’s SH-3H (#07201) with new decals, and the addition of white metal parts and a larger window for the large cabin door located on the starboard side of the helicopter (see pictures). The instructions in the box are for the SH-3H, with an additional set of instructions for the VIP version.
This kit has become quite rare in the US, and it often commands a premium price on online auctions.
- Hasegawa 09628
- Scale: 1/48
- Availability: Very poor
- Status: Out of production
- Estimated Street Price: $80.00 +